Have you recently bought a new tp-link router and looking for a setup guide, If yes then you are in the right place In this article you will get full information about the tplink router setup. You can easily set up your router at home just by following all the steps carefully. A router is a device which helps you to join various devices to enter the same network. A router is connected to a modem to supply an internet connection to the device which is Connected. If you are setting up a router for the first time, then, you might face some difficulties. In this article, we have explained you step-by-step process to Install your tp-link router. So, without any further delay, let’s learn more about it.
In the first step, you have to open your app store or play store and type Tp-link Teather and install this app. You can manage your router by using this app but you have to make sure that you don’t open the app unless your router is connected.
In this step, you have to connect your router; To do so you have to find a yellow slot in your router and connect the router with your modem and plug the connect into the socket.
Now, you have to connect your internet with your router; you have to open your phone settings and go to wifi and option and select your router. You might be asked to enter the username and password, The username and password is located at the bottom. You can use the information which is available at the bottom of your router, in order to establish a connection. Note: After connecting, your phone might display you, that there is no internet connection, You don’t have to worry, it is normal as you haven’t connected your router.
After all these, you have to open the app which you have installed in the first step when you will open the app. It will automatically start searching for your router network. You’ll find this information under local devices. You have to press on that icon and start the installation; you might be asked again to enter your username and password. If you are not able to find username and password, then you can enter Admin in both the columns.
Now the actual setup of the router will start. After scanning your router, the app will get you through different sorts of settings. Firstly, you have to choose the connection type of your router, If you have placed your router near to modem then you have to choose a static IP option( By selecting this option, your modem will automatically provide the IP address to your router. If these things don’t work then I will recommend you to consult your ISP(internet service provider). After all these, you can create your own username and password( This will be used when you will try to login in the future). I will recommend you to choose such a password that you can easily remember, and that’s hard for others to guess.
In the last step, you have to save all the settings and connect to the internet. You have done all the necessary settings. Make sure that you remember your username and password. After choosing, you have to tap on the confirm option( this option is located at the top-right corner of the window). This will take a minute or two, after that your router will test the connection. At last, you have to tap on the Finish option to complete your setup.
Tplink Router Setup Method 2
- To try this method firstly, you have to locate a power cable and connect it to the nearest power source. Make sure to switch ON the power source.
- Before going to the next step, make sure that the router is power On.
- After that, you have to connect an ethernet cable place one end of the cable to the router, and another one to the modem. ( Modem ports are typically yellow colored).
- Then you have to open your computer or any other device and open any search engine in it.
- After opening, you have to type http://tplinkwifi.net in the address bar.
- If that doesn’t work then you have to enter your routers IP address( The Ip address is usually located at the bottom of the router). The most common IP address of tp-link routers is 192.168.1.1, You can try this also.
- After that, you will be displayed to a new page where you will see a box containing the username and password.
- The default username and password is admin.
- After logging in to the router’s interface, you have to tap on wireless settings.
- From there you have to change your Network name( This name will be displayed to others too).
- On some of the models, you may not find wireless settings option, In that case, you have to select advanced settings option.
- After that, you have to type on wireless security, you have to choose WPA2-PSK as your security version.
- In some models, you might not find WPA2-PSK so in that6 case, you can also select WPA/WPA2.
- Then you have to enter your password( Make sure that you choose a hard password which is easy to remember for you).
- In the last step, you have to click on save in order to save all the settings.